(c) Copyright 2009-2019 Roger Meier
All rights reserved
WHAT IS IT?
BatchTouch is a utility to batch-change the creation and/or modification date of files and folders.
BatchTouch provides an easy-to-use way to change the creation and/or modification date of multiple files and folders all at once. It offers enough flexibility to the user to choose which type of items to change, whether or not to process the contents of folders, and whether to change the creation date, the modification date, or both. Furthermore, it is possible to change just the time, just the date, or both. It is possible to apply both absolute values as well as offsets to both date and time. I.e. it is possible to add/subtract a specified number of days, hours, minutes or seconds to/from the creation and modification date of any item.
BatchTouch comes without an installer and can be placed anywhere on the harddrive as long as the correct folder structure is maintained. I.e. for the Windows version the "BatchTouch Libs" folder must reside in the same location as the "BatchTouch.exe" executable.
HOW TO USE IT
Please refer to the built-in Help.
NOTE: The operations performed by this application can not be undone unless the files and folders being manipulated are backed up before using this application.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- Added option to clear the file list after applying date changes.
- Absolute date and time values will no longer be included in settings saved as default.
BUG FIXES AND STABILITY IMRPOVEMENTS:
- Fixed bug that would result in erroneous entries in the error log.
- Clicking on textfields should now automatically select their content again.
- Added menu items and buttons to add files and folders to the file list.
- Added error logging.
- Added special function for sequential modification dates.
- Added proxy settings to preferences (for update checks).
- Added check for development updates.
- BatchTouch will now save default settings to the application data directory, regardless of where BatchTouch is installed.
These locations are as follows
However, a default.bts file placed in the same location as the BatchTouch executable will take precedence over the one in the application data location.
- Default is now 64-bit for all platforms
- [Mac] Disabled splash window for macOS Sierra and newer
- Enabled column sorting for file list.
- Added code to clear the read-only flag before changing file dates. If the read-flag of a file was set prior to changing the dates, it will be set again.
- Added support for HiDPI displays
- Added support for dark mode on platforms that support it (e.g. macOS Mojave).
BUG FIXES AND STABILITY IMRPOVEMENTS:
- Fixed bug that would incorrectly set the sign of the time offset when the value in saved settings is 0.
- Various bug fixes as well as stability and performance improvements under the hood.
- It is now possible to have default settings loaded at startup and when a new terminal window is opened. If a default.bts settings file exists in the application folder of CoolTerm, it will be applied to new terminal windows.
- It is now possible to specify date offset in days, months, and years.
- It is now possible to enter values for date and time manually.
- Added special function "Set Modification Dates to Creation Dates".
- Added special function "Set Creation Dates to Modification Dates".
- Added a menu item to save current settings as default settings.
- Added an option to automatically check for updates at startup.
- Improved calendar display.
- Improved GUI help tag texts.
- Improved exception handling and error reporting
- Improved handling of command line arguments.
- fixed a bug that retrieved incorrect settings from the GUI.
- Fixed a bug which would cause user defined time values to be overwritten after selecting a new date via the calendar display.
- Made the file list wider and added columns for modification and creation date.
- The new columns show the modification and creation dates of each item after they are added to the list and after they were changed by BatchTouch.
- Added preferences Window.
- Added option to preferences window to show/hide the date columns in the file list.
- Added option to preferences window to disable warnings before changing dates.
- Settings can now be saved and retrieved.
- It is now possible to drop a file or folder onto the "New date:" group box to set the new date and time automatically to the modification date and time of the dropped item.
- It is also possible to drag and drop an item from the file list to the "New date:" group box to set the new date and time automatically to the modification date and time of the dropped item.
- Added a "Special" menu to provide access to special functions.
- Added a "Set Folder Date to most recent content" special function. This option sets the modification date of all the folders to the modification date of the most recent item inside them. This is done recursively, from the bottom to the top of the file hierarchy.
- Added special function for pre-dating all items to the oldest item in the list.
- Added special function for post-dating all items to the newest item in the list.
- Improved the calendar display in the "Set date and time" dialog. There now separate up/down arrows for month and year.
- Initial Release
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR HOLDERS INCLUDED IN THIS NOTICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, OR ANY SPECIAL INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.