(c) Copyright 2019 Roger Meier
All rights reserved
WHAT IS IT?
VisualTimer is a simple count-down timer application with a visual read-out. Remaining time is shown as wedge that becomes smaller as time passes.
HOW TO USE IT
Use the "Timer/Set..." Menu to open the dialog to set the timer. Use the up-down arrows to adjust the start time in minutes (0 to 60) and seconds (0 to 59), or enter the start time using the keyboard. Press the 'Set' button to set the timer to the selected start time. Then use the "Timer/Start" and "Timer/Stop" menus to start and stop the timer. Once the count-down has ended, an alert window will open and system beeps will be played in 1 second intervals until the alert window is dismissed by pressing space bar in the main menu, clicking the alert icon in the main window, or selecting the 'Timer/Dismiss Alert' menu item.
At any time, use the "View/Toggle Fullscreen" menu to switch between windowed and fullscreen mode.
While the timer is running, any active screensaver will be suspended.
- Added check for development updates.
- Added support for dark mode on platforms which support it (such as e.g. macOS Mojave).
- [Mac] Disabled AppNap.
- Default is now 64-bit for all platforms
- Added feature to scale timer duration over the full clock face.
- Added optional global floating window
- Added option to show remaining time in numeric form.
- Made the alert text a configurable option.
- It is now possible to set the chime to a selection of different system sounds.
- The timer will now revert to the last set time after dismissing the "done" alert.
- VisualTimer will come to the foreground when the timer is up.
- Added support for HiDPI displays.
- removed feature for creating movies.
- New preferences dialog with multiple panes.
- Added option to display clock face in Mac OSX dock icon.
- Added option to set the initial clock time via the preferences.
- VisualTimer now remembers the size and location of the window between launches.
- Added automated checking for updates which can be enabled via the preferences.
- Added feature for creating movies.
- Removed controls from timer window and made the timer controllable via menu items.
- Added capability to set starting time with 1 second accuracy.
- Added option to customize colors.
- Added clickable "Run Status" icon.
- Added built-in help.
- Initial Release
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR HOLDERS INCLUDED IN THIS NOTICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, OR ANY SPECIAL INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.