(c) Copyright 2019 Roger Meier
All rights reserved
WHAT IS IT?
MathSheetGenerator is a simple utility for educators and parents to automatically create sheets of simple math exercises for elementary school children.
MathSheetGenerator is capable of generating math problems with two operands using any of the standard operators (add, subtract, multiply, divide). The number range for both operands as well as the result can be specified to allow the application to generate the exact type of exercises desired.
MathSheetGenerator comes without an installer and can be placed anywhere on the harddrive as long as the correct folder structure is maintained. I.e. for the Windows version the "MathSheetGenerator Libs" folder must reside in the same location as the "MathSheetGenerator.exe" executable.
HOW TO USE IT
Please refer to the built-in Help.
- Added proxy support for online update checks.
- Added check for development updates.
- Changed file type for saved images from JPG to PNG.
- Added support for HiDPI displays.
- Added support for dark mode on platforms that support it (e.g. macOS Mojave).
- Modernized code for latest IDE and to support current OS platforms.
- Subtle updates to app and document icons.
- [Win] fixed issue with code for file type association.
- [Mac] Disabled splash window for macOS Sierra and newer
- Default is now 64-bit for all platforms
- Removed support for PDF due to legacy code incompatibilities.
- Added support for saving and loading sheet settings.
- Added option to include page numbers on every sheet.
- Added a splash screen.
- MathSheetGenerator now remembers the location and size of the application window between launches.
- Fixed bug with parsing printer settings that could cause a crash at startup in Mac builds.
- Added support for writing math sheets as PDF files.
- Moved the font settings to a dedicated preferences window
- Added alternate symbols for divisions and multiplications to choose from.
NOTE: Not all symbols are supported by all fonts. Switch to a more compatible
symbol if the font selected is not capable of displaying the symbols correctly.
- Removed the equal sign from the math problems.
- Added the option to autimatically calculate the limits for the result.
- Improved the User Interface.
- Improved page layout.
- Added an option to include a Name Field at the top of each generated Sheet.
- Bug fixes.
- Inital Release
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR HOLDERS INCLUDED IN THIS NOTICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, OR ANY SPECIAL INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.